With the All Blacks reaching the RWC final it seemed appropriate to once again take stock of that direct correlation between performance on the sports field and performance in business.
There’s a lot to be learned from the boys in black, but here are a few game tactics you should employ in your business every day.
- Always keep your eye on the prize – Set your business goal and work diligently towards it. Of course goals need to be reviewed as your business grows and changes, but always know what you want to achieve. A business without a focused goal will often flounder.
- Have a game plan – Put processes in place to ensure you find the fastest most efficient way to reach your business objectives and goals.
- Face the music – Sure… In any business there are often jobs that need to be done that are not always your favourite tasks. Rather than think of these as a challenge, consider them an opportunity. It is often these occasions that will give rise to your greatest achievements, just like last week’s All Blacks vs France game.
- Never underestimate the value of great leadership – Do we need to use more than two words here? Richie McCaw.
- Gather your support team – In a world where peer review is of the utmost importance, think of your customers and clients as your fans. Treat them well, offer excellent customer service and they will help market and grow your business for you. Whilst your fan base is important, so too are your coaches, physios and medics, they have the specialist knowledge that you need at every match… That’s where we come in. At Johnston Associates South our dedicated, highly trained team members have been specifically recruited for their valuable skill sets and previous experience, we can help you get to the final!