Johnston Associates South is a progressive three partner CA firm that has an impressive reputation in the market for the quality of our business advisory, and professional accounting services in the Nelson, and Marlborough regions. Our firm offers leading technical expertise in a number of areas, including financial accounting, management reporting, tax, management consulting, and advisory.
We work with a wide range of clients across industries such as aquaculture, manufacturing, construction, agriculture, horticulture, viticulture, forestry, retail, property development, and hospitality to name just a few.
We have a great opportunity for a bright individual to join our Compliance team in Nelson, Richmond or Blenheim. We seek a Senior Accountant with a depth of experience and an understanding of the complexity of finance operations, reporting requirements, and best practice around systems, controls, maintenance and configuration.
Your strong relationship management skills will compliment your ability to interpret business needs and your customer service approach will enable you to provide the appropriate level of business support, financial modelling, and reporting that our clients require.
This is a multifaceted role which will suit a candidate with strong hands-on financial ability, along with commercial nous to work within an environment which is busy, and yet has a youthful energy about it.
Ideally, you will have:
– The ability to communicate and liaise effectively across the organisation, and with clients.
– A solid and proven background in the core accounting roles.
– A commercial understanding around systems, inventory, cost control, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
– Excellent system skills with the ability to interpret data quickly and efficiently.
– A mind for numbers and the ability to translate numbers well for nonfinancial stakeholders
– The ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively to deadlines
– A strong customer focus and be known for your ability to build & maintain effective relationships.
– Attention to detail.
– Self-motivated and enjoy working as a team.
– Thrive on quality and success.
– Experience with a number of accounting systems such as CCH iFirm, MYOB, AO, Banklink and Xero is advantageous but not essential as full training will be given to the suitable candidate.
What you need:
– 5+ years of BAS experience in a New Zealand CA environment.
– Excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to liaise with a range of clients.
This role offers a competitive salary for the right candidate as well as ongoing professional development, and external training courses. We are an ATE and will support your professional development through in-house and external training.
To register your interest and to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Ben Halliday: email@example.com