That most romantic of days is almost upon us, 14th February, the day to celebrate luuurve! You’re probably wondering why as Chartered Accountants we’re writing a post about Cupid’s favourite day… Well we’re getting there, but first answer these questions.
- Do you remember the day you first started your business?
- Do you remember the excitement, the enthusiasm and the fire in your belly?
- Have your flames fizzled out?
- Do you need something to rekindle the passion you once had?
Don’t worry, it’s not just you. As your enterprise grows it’s common to get bogged down in the day-to-day running of the “business”. So take a step back and work out how you can relight the fire!
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, hearts, flowers and all things romantic, here are our top three tips to help you fall in love with your business all over again!
- Outsource – Guess what you don’t have to do everything! If there’s a task you don’t enjoy in your business, outsource it to professionals. It could be IT, marketing, or even accounting… (Ahem, we can help you with that one!)
- Innovate – Dissatisfaction often comes from monotony; introducing something new is a sure fire way to spice things up! Think about how you can introduce new products or services and steer your business in new directions. Here at Johnston Associates South many of our team members have commercial experience in other industries, our business consulting division can offer advice on how you can grow your business sustainably.
- Schedule Date Night – Go on a date with your business. Set some time aside to work on your business vision, goals and strategy. Part of this should be budgeting and forecasting. We can help with that, and when you settle down and see the real potential in income and earnings we guarantee you’ll fall in love all over again!