As Nelson based chartered accountants we’re passionate about business growth in our region, that’s why we want to help you succeed. We think the key to success lies in planning ahead.
We’ve produced an e-booklet for our clients, “The Really Useful Guide to Starting Out in Business”, below you’ll find a short extract on business planning, if you would like to receive a copy of the full booklet please contact Brad.
“Before you become involved in the detailed planning for your business, you should first consider what you want from the business and how you are going to achieve those goals. Certain key issues will determine your business’ ability to compete in the marketplace, whether you are setting up a new business, or acquiring an existing one.
Those issues include:
- Setting the objectives of the business
- Preparing financial projections (budgets and cashflow)
- Identifying marketing strategies
- Determining the management structure (including personnel requirements)
- Deciding on the legal structure and ownership of the business (e.g.: sole trader, partnership, company)
- Considering financial requirements, including the level and sources of borrowing, security you may have to provide personally, and a realistic assessment of working capital requirements
It is desirable to formally record these issues by preparing a business plan.
There are a number of tax planning considerations to take into account when setting up in business. Advice should be sought in respect of matters such as the legal structure and financial requirements.
We can advise on procedures for completion of the business plan or, if you wish, prepare the plan on your behalf from information provided by you.”
We also run one-on-one training courses in business planning.
SMART FINANCIAL BUSINESS PLANNING FOR START UPS
Designed for delegates who need to determine their business’ ability to compete in the marketplace, whether setting up a new business or acquiring an existing one.
SMART FINANCIAL BUSINESS PLANNING
Designed for delegates that need to develop and renew their business plan to enable business growth and improve profits.