At Johnston Associates South, we’re grateful that the days are gone when Chartered Accountants were tied to their desks Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Embracing the cloud and mobile technology means that our entire team is completely mobile and can assist you from anywhere.
But we know we’re not the only ones working like this… We’ve also seen a change in the way our clients do business over recent years, with more and more organisations, no matter what the size, being run as mobile operations. This benefits business owners, managers and employees, giving more flexibility and the ability to work remotely.
Smart phones and tablets have become more than just communication devices, they are a lifeline to running a business.
We’ve put together a list of some of our favourite mobile apps that we believe can help you run your business on the go.
But first let’s keep it generic and start with the basics… Keeping on top of the numbers…
- Your bank’s mobile app – ANZ, BNZ, Westpac… All major New Zealand banks have a mobile app. Installing this on your phone is an absolute necessity for keeping on top of the numbers.
- Your accounting software mobile app – Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks. Make sure you have installed the app that lets you reconcile, send and view invoices, add receipts and create expense claims.
- Dropbox – Dropbox keeps your files safe, synced, and easy to share. Save files on your computer, then access them on your phone from the road. Everything you keep in Dropbox is synced automatically to all your devices. Find out more HERE.
- Basecamp – Helps you and your team ensure projects are completed on time and on budget. Find out more HERE.
- Evernote – An elephant never forgets… Evernote captures your thoughts so you don’t either. Write notes, snap photos, then share them with your team. Find out more HERE.
- OneNote – Allows you to capture your ideas and to-do lists in one place wherever you are. Find out more HERE.
- Skype – Let’s not forget that you don’t always have to pay for calls. Skype lets you stay in touch anywhere with free internet calls, instant messaging and video chat. Find out more HERE.
Social Media & Marketing
- Facebook Pages Manager – Facebook Pages Manager is standalone app from Facebook. This app allows you to control your Facebook page without being directly connected to you personal Facebook account.
- Twitter – Tweet for your business while you’re on the go.
- LinkedIn – Stay engaged with who you know, discover industry insights, and share your expertise. It’s professional empowerment in your pocket.
- Instagram – The fastest growing social network of 2014. Instagram recently announced it is going to allow brands to place ads in the app that can link out of the social network.
- Email Marketing – MailChimp, Infusionsoft, Aweber… Most major email marketing programmes will have a mobile app that will allow you to add subscribers to your database whilst you’re on the go.
Need to be back in the office?
- Splashtop – Sometimes you just need access to your desktop… Splashtop does exactly this, it allows you to remotely access and control your compter. Find out more HERE.